Can you think of the last time you cleaned out your medicine cabinet? Believe it or not, many of those generic or prescription medications are expiring before your eyes.
Even worse, some of those medications may have been recalled since you were prescribed them. Take action, now, and keep you and your family safe! Just follow this checklist:
- Check expiration dates. From medication to sunscreen, most products in your medicine cabinet will have an expiration date.
- Discard medications properly. If these items are past their date, discard of them properly. If the items have specific disposal instructions, follow those. Otherwise, make sure whatever it is you dispose in your regular home trash receptacle is out of the reach of children and pets. *Do not flush medications down the toilet unless specifically instructed to.
- Check for recalls. If you’re unsure of a product recall, check the FDA’s website for up-to-date information.
- Keep medications out of the reach of children/pets.
- Store medications in a room with controlled temperature.
- Make it a point to clean out your medicine cabinet every six months. Cleaning out your medicine cabinet is only a small task that will keep you and your loved ones safe in the long run.
Do you have any personal tips you’d like to share with us? Please comment, below!
Comments are now closed