When medical professionals do not interpret x-rays and other medical tests correctly, lasting injury can result. These errors can lead to a delayed diagnosis or misdiagnosis of cancer or other serious diseases.
HOW RADIOLOGY MISTAKES HAPPEN
In our experience, radiology errors fall into three categories:
- Radiologists fail to see abnormalities in test results.
- Radiologists wrongly interpret test results as normal.
- Hospitals fail to contact patients to inform them of test results.
When Medical Tests are Misread
The legal team of Friedman, Domiano & Smith represents patients and their families who have experienced medical malpractice related to radiology or other types of medical imaging, including:
- Barium enema examinations
- Computed tomography (CT scans)
- Magnetic resonance imagine (MRIs)
- Computed axial tomography (CAT scans)
Our History of Success
The legal team at FDS has many years of experience handling medical malpractice cases. With extensive resources and relationships with highly-regarded expert radiologists, we help malpractice victims achieve the best possible results. Read about our verdicts and settlements in medical malpractice cases.