In light of the recent investigation of Hillary Sharma’s body being found in the Cuyahoga River, we want to share tips that will help you and your loved ones stay safe in the Metroparks and other NEO reservations. For a detailed list of what to do in case of emergency, visit the Cleveland Metroparks website.
Tips for Staying Safe in the Metroparks
- Let headphones hang around your neck so that you can hear what’s going on around you.
- Carry a whistle; especially if you are in an isolated area of the park and need to call for help.
- Lock all valuables in your vehicle’s trunk before heading off into the park
- Try and keep your cell phone on you at all times.
- Have your keys ready when walking back to your car.
- Wear brightly colored clothing or a reflective vest if walking/jogging during dusk or dawn.
- When possible, visit the Metroparks with a friend or group
Have any tips of your own you’d like to share? We’d love to hear them.