Celebrating Halloween during your college years can be a blast, but there are extra precautions you should take when it comes time to party.
Here are some tips on how college students can stay safe during this holiday:
- Trust your instincts. If you’re at a place where you’re starting to feel uncomfortable or that you sense could be dangerous, leave as quickly as possible.
- Avoid being alone with anyone you don’t know—especially if they’re in costume!
- Have a trusted cab company’s phone number programmed in your phone in case you need a quick ride out.
- Never leave your friends. Not only do you not want to be alone, but your friends shouldn’t be left alone, either.
- Do not leave drinks unattended or accept drinks from strangers. This is a common college rule already, but on Halloween, people alter drinks to make it more thematic for the holiday. Don’t get “tricked” by a strange looking drink!
Stay safe and have a Happy Halloween!