Workers’ Comp Lawyer
Workers’ compensation, also referred to as workmans’ comp, is designed to cover an injured employee’s lost wages as well as the costs associated with medical care and rehabilitation. Regardless of the type of injury, our team of attorneys at can help with your claim.
How Do I Know If I Have A Workers’ Compensation Claim?
If you’re injured at work due to the fault of your employer or purely by accident, you may have a workers’ compensation claim and you should contact a workers’ comp lawyer immediately.
The Right of Employees In Ohio
Ohio law recognizes the right of employees to sue their own company, even when they are receiving workers’ compensation.
An employer can be held liable in situations including:
- Failing to screen other workers who may have violent tendencies.
- Removal of safety guards from dangerous machinery.
- Establishing production requirements that are likely to result in serious injury.
OUR LEGAL PROCEDURE
At Friedman, Domiano & Smith, we often receive calls from people who have had their workers’ compensation claims denied. If this has happened to you, call us. Our knowledge of Ohio’s laws has helped us win even the toughest cases. To get started, here’s what our team of attorneys will do:
- Conduct a thorough interview with you to understand your situation. We never rush our clients.
- Research the company in question. We look for previous complaints or other instances where the organization may have tried to skirt the law.
- Consult with highly regarded medical experts to gain an objective assessment of the long-term implications of the injury.
When we have a clear sense of your case, we will advise you on your options. This detailed approach has led to success in many cases, including slip and fall accidents, injuries from heavy lifting, electrocutions and injuries caused by removing or disabling automatic safety devices. The decision to pursue the case or not is always up to you.