Car Accident Lawyer

Car Accident Lawyers

Friedman Domiano & Smith: On Your Side and Fighting For You

When you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident, your thoughts can be pulled in a million different directions. Who is going to deal with the insurance company? How will my car get repaired? Who is going to pay the medical bills? At a time when you are already suffering, the additional stress can be overwhelming. Friedman, Domiano & Smith is here to help. We always offer a free consultation, and our experienced attorneys can help you answer the hard questions and guide you through a difficult time.

Friedman Domiano & Smith represents drivers, passengers, and pedestrians who have been injured in car accidents throughout Ohio. Our experienced attorneys can help you get the answers you need and the results you deserve.

We Don’t Get Paid Until You Get Paid

You have enough to worry about. The last thing you need worry about is whether you can afford experienced legal counsel. That is why at Friedman Domiano & Smith, we don’t get paid until you get a settlement or verdict. With nearly 50 years of service to the injured people of Ohio, the attorneys of Friedman Domiano & Smith have the experience and knowledge to get you the best results. If we do not get a settlement or verdict for you from your car accident, you owe us nothing.

Experience You Need

Before you talk to an insurance company or sign any documents, take advantage of our free consultation. We want to help prevent you from hurting yourself. Providing a statement, signing documents, even talking to the insurance company can have an unforeseen negative effect on your claim down the road. At Friedman Domiano and Smith, we know how to protect your interests when you’ve been involved in a car accident. Our results speak for themselves. You can view some of our verdicts and settlements from car accident cases just like yours.

How to Get Help After a Serious Car Accident

Call us today at 1-800-280-0070 or complete our online form to get a free consultation and learn more about your rights when involved in a car accident.

Frequently Asked Questions About Car Accidents

Being involved in an auto accident can be a very traumatic time. If you have concerns about when to contact a lawyer about your accident, we answers your questions below.

How soon after a car accident should I contact an attorney?

In Ohio, you have two years to file a lawsuit after an auto accident. However, if you’re going to hire an attorney, you’re better off doing it sooner rather than later. An attorney who handles auto accidents knows what to say to an insurance company, what evidence to present, what to allow and what to not allow in order to maximize the money that you receive in order to compensate you for your injuries.

How do I know if I have an auto accident case?

If you have been injured in an auto accident and:

  • it’s someone else’s fault
  • you were hurt and went to the doctor
  • you incurred some medical bills
  • and had other loss in your life, such as lost wages or earnings

then you have a claim for the car accident.

There are other cases that you can get for an automobile accident. For instance a recent case that went up to the Supreme Court — someone was hit by an automobile and they landed on the hood of the automobile. The question was, did the auto insurance cover the person that landed on top of the automobile? The Supreme Court says yes because there were policies that said you have to be in, on, or around the automobile and the court held that the person was on the automobile and therefore coverage applies. These are the cases Friedman, Domiano & Smith handles every day. Learn more about car accident claims and when you need a lawyer.

Am I responsible for reporting an auto accident to my insurance company even if I wasn’t at fault?

Generally speaking, you do want to report an auto accident to your insurance company. In some cases, what may happen is that the other driver who caused the accident either doesn’t have enough insurance or doesn’t have a sufficient amount of insurance. If you have something called uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage, you can make a claim through that coverage and possibly receive compensation from your insurance company. Also, in many cases your insurance company has to get involved for property damage to get your car fixed, especially in situations when there are questions about who was at fault for the accident, or whether you were partially at fault for the accident. So it is generally a good idea to contact your insurance company and let them know what is going on.

Jeffrey H. Friedman’s Story

Jeffrey H. Friedman was injured in a car accident when he was 16 years old and has been fighting for over 40 years on behalf of the injured. When he represents you as an injury attorney, it’s not just business, it’s personal.