The legal team at Friedman, Domiano & Smith represent victims of escalator and elevator injuries that occur on someone else’s property — premises liability accidents.
These accidents include:
- Accidents on escalators at malls
- Freight elevator accidents
- Accidents in other elevators on public or private property.
How Can I Be Hurt on an Elevator or Escalator?
Both elevators and escalators have complex mechanical and electrical systems that are heavily used by pedestrians. When they fail to work properly, the results may be devastating.
The premises liability lawyers at Friedman, Domiano & Smith can help establish if the owner or operator of the elevator or escalator did not keep the apparatus safe.
Elevator accidents can result from various scenarios such as:
- Rapid drop due to a malfunction of the pulley
- Open shaft or failure of the open doors to line up with the floor
- Electrocution, heat or water damage from faulty wiring
- Forced enclosure due to failure of doors to open
Escalator accidents can be the result of many causes such as:
- Broken steps, Broken teeth, Missing screws
- Electrical malfunction