ADVOCATES FOR MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT VICTIMS
Whether you ride a Harley, a sport motorcycle or a dirt bike, if you have been in a motorcycle crash, you may need legal assistance.
If you were seriously injured, or if you need help enforcing your rights under your insurance policy, the motorcycle accident lawyers at Friedman, Domiano & Smith can help. If you were injured as the passenger of a motorcycle, read how we handle claims.
IF YOU’RE AN INJURED BIKER, HERE ARE SOME THINGS TO CONSIDER
Did you know that once you accept a settlement, you will not have another chance to claim additional money? That’s why we consider the long-term implications of an accident before we advise a client to accept an offer. For example, some injuries require many years of reconstructive surgery or rehabilitation.
Also, we’ve learned that some victims feel pressured to accept the first offer because they’re warned about a bias against bikers. We know how to deal with such issues and we won’t settle for anything less than you deserve.
Frequently Asked Questions About Motorcycle Accidents
If you are considering hiring a motorcycle accident law firm, you may have concerns about contacting a lawyer about your accident. We answer your most frequently asked questions below.
Do I need a motorcycle accident lawyer?
It’s best to contact a lawyer right away. These cases can become complicated due to the potential of recovering damages from:
- The operators of other vehicles
- Uninsured motorists
- The State of Ohio for not properly maintaining roads
Due to the severity and potential long-term effects of these types of incidents, it’s not advisable to face insurance companies alone. Learn more about the aftermath of a motorcycle accident
What are the next steps after a motorcycle accident?
There are a number of steps you can take to make things easier after a motorcycle accident such as:
- Obtaining contact information from witnesses: Legal complications sometimes arise after motorcycle accidents when those involved dispute their liability. Impartial witnesses can make a significant difference in substantiating your claims.
- Photographing the crash scene: If it’s safe to do so, take detailed pictures that capture vehicle positions, the street layout and damage to your bike. These photographs can become invaluable when reconstructing the crash or determining liability.
Learn more about what to do after a motorcycle accident
What are the causes of motorcycle accidents?
Understanding the causes of motorcycle accidents can help you recognize who was at fault. These causes can include:
- The careless driving of other people
- Potholes or poorly maintained roads
All drivers must be in the mindset of sharing the road with motorcyclists, while motorcyclists must make themselves easily visible to other drivers. Whether you are the driver of a motorcycle or driving by one, it is essential to be aware of your surroundings and follow motorcycle safety procedures in order to stay safe.
How to get help
How to handle the aftermath of a motorcycle accident
If you’ve been seriously injured in a motorcycle accident, you may have grounds for a legal claim. The injuries from this type of accident vary, but can include:
- Traumatic brain injuries or closed head wounds
- Disabling injuries to the back or neck
- Severe burns or lacerations
- Soft tissue damage to the knee, ankle or shoulder
- Multiple fractures
- Spinal injuries resulting in paralysis or quadriplegia
- Amputation of an arm or leg
Our History of Success
The attorneys at Friedman, Domiano & Smith have handled numerous claims for motorcycle accident victims. Read about our verdicts and settlements in similar cases.