When Truckers Push Their Limits
Truckers face tremendous pressure to deliver loads in a timely fashion. They face tight deadlines, and they’re penalized if they arrive behind schedule. This kind of pressure forces truck drivers to speed as well as continue driving even when they’re exhausted. Rushed and fatigued drivers put other vehicles at risk by:
- Driving for longer periods of time than allowed by federal laws
- Taking shorter rest breaks than mandated by federal laws
- Taking legal and illegal stimulants to keep awake
- Altering logbooks to reflect greater rest periods.
- Read more about laws dealing with tractor-trailers.
Accidents Caused By Fatigue
If a driver fell asleep at the wheel and injured or killed someone you care about, the truck accident lawyers at Friedman Domiano & Smith Co., L.P.A., can take action to help you get the maximum compensation you deserve. Our legal team will hold the trucking company and the truckers accountable for the harm they caused. Read about accidents caused by 18-wheelers.
Our Record Of Success
Over the years, we have achieved a record of success, including jury verdicts and settlements in excess of $1 million. If you have any questions, call the legal team at Friedman, Domiano & Smith.