After A Truck Accident, You Need Quality Representation
If you were injured in a truck accident or semi-truck accident as the driver or a passenger, you may have questions about your claim with an insurance company. Friedman, Domiano & Smith has worked with clients throughout Ohio. We know how to handle complex cases.
How Are Truck Accidents Different From Automobile Accidents?
Trucking accidents can be caused by many different reasons and can involve a great deal of legal complexity. Trucks are larger in size than traditional automobiles, trucks may contain hazardous materials, and truck accidents can involve multiple vehicles. Causes of the accident can vary as well and include:
- Special hazards such as highway construction or poorly maintained roads
- Issues related to the nature of big vehicles such as blind spots, speed and weight
- Driver fatigue
- Not following the laws truck drivers must follow
Trucks do not have nearly the same amount of maneuverability or vision of their surroundings as cars do. This often results in more serious injuries. In fact, there are three times as many trucking accidents in the U.S. as there are automobile accidents in proportion to the amount of car and trucking traffic.
Coping With The Loss Of A Loved One Is Never Easy
We know there is nothing that can be said to ease the pain of losing a family member in a sudden accident. In addition to offering legal advice, we can assist with:
- Insurance claims
- Death benefits
- Immediate financial needs of your family
- Probate and estate administration
- Determining if punitive damages are possible
- Settlement to minimize tax burdens
No matter what you are going through, we are here for you.