Healthcare professionals are held in very high regard in our eyes, but sometimes, mistakes happen. A recent study done by JAMA Internal Medicine, shares the top reasons why internists (medical specialists) are sued for medical malpractice.
Top Five Reasons Medical Specialists are Sued for Malpractice
- Harm to a patient is caused by incorrect prescription or administration of medicine.
- Harm to a patient is caused by failure to monitor assistants, interns, other subordinates.
- Harm is caused by errors made during the performance of a medical procedure.
- Harm is caused by a breach of care with no medical error claimed.
- Harm is caused by simple errors in diagnosis.
Medical Malpractice Diagnosis Errors
A whopping 26.4% of the 33,747 cases that closed between 1985 and 2009 were due to errors in diagnosis by a medical professional.
We’re Here to Help
Have you or a loved one ever been misdiagnosed? Our medical malpractice attorneys at Friedman, Domiano & Smith are here to take on your case.
Last modified on March 17, 2018.
Published by Friedman, Domiano & Smith Co., L.P.A.