We recently shared an article on social media about a family’s struggle with their son’s Cerebral Palsy and the lawsuit that alleges medical negligence against the hospital who delivered him.
These types of cases come around more often than you might think. If you’re expecting, or have a loved one who is, consider these safety tips1 that help prevent dealing with a medical malpractice case in the future.
Top Delivery Safety Tips:
- Do your research ahead of time. Read about red flags and ask hospitals about their protocols in case of emergency.
- Consider what kind of resources and personnel you want available when you’re giving birth. For example, does the hospital have a neonatal intensive care unit? If not, what personnel and training do they have in place to handle emergencies?
- Make sure your birth partner understands the birth plan, and that he or she is alert in the process.
- Ask questions about any unexpected drugs or procedures.
- Know your specific risk factors. Ask how that might affect your progress on delivery day.
Do you have any personal tips of your own to add? Please share in the comments below.
1Safety Tips provided by The Ramseyers, the family in the article
Comments are now closed