The 5 Safest Cars for Your Family to Own 2014
Does your family already own a small car? If you’re looking for a safety upgrade, try one of these top five picks, as determined by the IIHS:
- 2014 Toyota Scion tC. Throughout five IIHS crash tests conducted, the Scion tC passed four with flying colors. It scored an “average” on the small front overlap category.
- 2014 Dodge Dart. The Dart scored exactly the same as the Scion tC, but with better mileage and advanced technological features, the Dart beats out the Scion tC.
- 2014 Subaru Impreza. The Impreza scored a top ranking in all five IIHS crash tests and has certainly landed a Top Safety Pick in small cars this year. What holds the Impreza from the top two safety spots is that it lacks forward collision warnings and autobrake.
- 2014 Chevy Spark. The Spark is best for those on a tight budget and who want to drive safely. It has been named by Wall Street as “the safest new car you can buy.” The Spark passed four of the five crash tests, with the same “average” score in the small front overlap category.
- 2014 Hyundai Elantra Sedan. Not only did the Elanta Sedan flawlessly pass four out of the five IIHS safety tests, but it was also given a 5-star rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, giving it the top place in the safest cars of 2014.
Which car most stands out to you? Do you have a recommendation for a car to add to this list? Share it with us!
(Photos and list obtained from: Wall St. Cheat Sheet)