As the weather warms up, many drivers are ready to hit the accelerator on vacations and road trips. The warmer months of the year are also when highway construction starts to pick back up.
Highway construction can cause traffic jams, detours that force drivers to re-route to their desired destinations, and a lot of confusion if construction zones aren’t marked properly. If you’ve been in an accident on the highway, but feel that the roads are to blame, we can help you recover compensation for lost wages, costs of medical care, therapy, etc.
Look out for any of these cautionary details on the road:
- Defective road design
- Highways that have not been maintained in accordance with ODOT standards
- Improperly placed or marked construction zones
- Construction equipment left in the highway
- Failure to maintain roadways
- Malfunctioning traffic signals
- Failure to adequately cover excavation
- Absent or inadequate signage
Were you involved in an accident because of highway construction negligence?
Many people are injured each year due to negligent maintenance of roads. Contact us at Friedman, Domiano & Smith, we are here to help fight your case if you’ve been involved in an accident related to highway construction negligence.