Understanding Workers’ Compensation Law in Ohio
Workers' compensation is designed to cover an injured employee's lost wages as well as the costs associated with medical care and rehabilitation. Regardless of the type of injury, our team of attorneys at can help with your claim.
The Rights of Employees in Ohio
Ohio law recognizes the right of employees to sue their own company, even when they are receiving workers’ compensation. An employer can be held liable in situations including:
- Failing to screen other workers who may have violent tendencies.
- Removal of safety guards from dangerous machinery.
- Establishing production requirements that are likely to result in serious injury.
Our Legal Procedure
At Friedman, Domiano & Smith, we often receive calls from people who have had their workers' compensation claims denied. If this has happened to you, call us. Our knowledge of Ohio's laws has helped us win even the toughest cases. To get started, here's what our team of attorneys will do:
- Conduct a thorough interview with you to understand your situation. We never rush our clients.
- Research the company in question. We look for previous complaints or other instances where the organization may have tried to skirt the law.
- Consult with highly regarded medical experts to gain an objective assessment of the long-term implications of the injury.
When we have a clear sense of your case, we will advise you on your options. This detailed approach has led to success in many cases, including slip and fall accidents, injuries from heavy lifting, electrocutions and injuries caused by removing or disabling automatic safety devices. The decision to pursue the case or not is always up to you.
Call us today at 800-280-0070 to learn more about your rights, or complete our online form.
What about Costs?
We collect no attorneys' fees unless and until you recover on your claim, whether by settlement or by jury verdict. We commit substantial resources to investigate your case, hire expert witnesses, and cover other necessary expenses. If we win, we recover these expenditures. If not, you owe us nothing.
Our Commitment to Your Privacy
Your privacy is always held in the highest regard at Friedman, Domiano & Smith. There's never a charge for a consultation. Our main office is located in downtown Cleveland, and we have locations throughout Ohio.