Foreign Objects in Food
If You Find a Foreign Object in Your Food
No one wants to find a foreign object in their food. But if you do, here’s what to do.
Take Quick Action:
- Keep the original container or packaging.
- Wrap the uneaten portion of food and any foreign object.
- File a formal report with the store or restaurant.
- Obtain the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of any witnesses.
- Contact us at 800-280-0070.
- You may also file a formal complaint with the USDA, with the store or the products’ manufacturer.
If You Have Already Ingested the Foreign Object:
- Contact your doctor as soon as possible.
- Be aware that foreign objects can have viruses and bacteria that could make you sick.
- Note any blood in your mouth or bowels, as broken pieces can have sharp parts that can cut your mouth, throat and bowels.
The attorneys at Friedman, Domiano & Smith have helped clients injured by many different types of tainted food.
We have handled cases involving things such as:
- Cleaning solution left in bar glasses.
- Metal fragments in food.
- Pieces of denture in food.
- E. coli and other viruses.
- Read about the results of these cases.
How Do We Handle This Kind of Case?
To investigate possible product safety breaches, we:
- Closely examine all documentation, including medical reports.
- Interview witnesses to discover any other instances of improper handling.
- Review previous violations for other packaging mistakes.
Call us today at 800-280-0070 to learn more about your rights, or complete our online form.
What about Costs?
We collect no attorneys' fees unless and until you recover on your claim, whether by settlement or by jury verdict. We commit substantial resources to investigate your case, hire expert witnesses, and cover other necessary expenses. If we win, we recover these expenditures. If not, you owe us nothing.
Our Commitment to Your Privacy
Your privacy is always held in the highest regard at Friedman, Domiano & Smith. There's never a charge for a consultation. Our main office is located in downtown Cleveland, and we have locations throughout Ohio.