The attorneys at Friedman, Domiano & Smith have built a reputation for success based on numerous jury verdicts and settlements in excess of a million dollars. Our law firm serves clients in a broad range of personal injury matters. These include automobile and truck accidents, medical malpractice, premises liability, product liability, wrongful death and workers' compensation.
Read about our areas of specialty:
- medication errors
- misdiagnosis of heart attack
- nursing home neglect
- blood product errors
- emergency room errors
- inadequate security
- animal bites
- defective products
- pedestrian injuries
- wrongful death
- brain injuries
Our Legal Procedure
At Friedman, Domiano & Smith, we often receive calls from people who have had their rights violated, in situations ranging from medical injuries to the denial of workers’ compensation claims. If you think you need an attorney, call us. Our knowledge of Ohio’s laws has helped us win even the toughest cases. To get started, here’s what we’ll do:
- Conduct a thorough interview with you to understand your situation. We never rush our clients.
- Research the situation. This might mean investigating a company or reviewing records from an accident scene. We also look for previous complaints or, in premises cases, whether other, similar incidents have taken place.
- Consult with highly regarded experts to gain an objective assessment of the long-term implications of your situation. This could mean consulting with medical experts, engineers, or crime-scene reconstructionists.
- When we have a clear sense of your case, we will advise you on your options. This detailed approach has led to success in many cases, including slip and fall accidents, injuries from heavy lifting, electrocutions and injuries caused by removing or disabling automatic safety devices. The decision to pursue the case or not is always up to you.
Working with You: Our Team Approach
When you retain Friedman, Domiano & Smith as your law firm, you get much more than the services of just one lawyer. In addition to your attorney, you also have a case manager and paralegal assisting your case. The case manager and paralegal work with your lawyer in gathering information and obtaining status updates on your medical treatment. Of course, you can always speak to your attorney, but you also have a team of people working for you. We have found that our clients appreciate the personal attention they receive from our team approach.
What about Costs?
If you’ve been injured, you’re probably already worried about the cost of medical treatment and recovery. You may think you can’t afford to hire an attorney, but the truth is you can. At Friedman, Domiano & Smith, most of our cases are taken on a contingency-fee basis. We have the resources to cover filing fees, investigations, expert testimony, as well as actual litigation costs. If you do win your case at trial or receive a settlement, our fee is calculated from a percentage of the eventual recovery. If you do not win, you owe us nothing.
Locations throughout Ohio. Our main law office is conveniently located in downtown Cleveland. We maintain other offices throughout Ohio.